If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.

-Matthew 10:39 (the Message)

Wednesday 5 March 2008

The grieving process or sheer frustration?

So I've noticed that I am having a sever anger response to this decision to stop going to school.Is it that I am grieving a dream that I have chased since I was very young? I don't think so. I think it is more that I am frustrated that in a place where the people teaching me claim to be passionate about helping people find and realize their calling, I had to discover myown learning style and if I want to continue on this path, I have to rewrite my classes and assignments to do it.I'm not willing to pay thousands of dollars to a "school" to rewrite the curriculum and teach myself the concepts 2 weeks after the other students have already gotten it. I honestly don't feel that God would make it this difficult to achieve the goals. I feel like God has used my learning style to put up a triple thick, concrete wall in front of me so I can see that this is not the path he chose for me. It was a path I had to take to learn who I am and what has challenged me in both past and present. ******* I don't think my problem is that I am admitting that I have a different learning style and feeling stuck. I think I'm angry that I want to study playing by ear, chording, improv andplaying for the sheer pleasure of playing. As of yet, I have not gotten the chance to do this. If I continue in my degree, I have to study READING classical music, studying theory and history. All I want to do is play and enjoy playing and I can learn that from a piano teacher. I don't have to spend thousands of dollars on a degree I will never use it to do it. I am frustrated at myself for believing I have to have a degree in music to do anything with my life and I am frustrated at whoever gave me that belief for makingme waste the last 7 years of my life.

No comments: