If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.

-Matthew 10:39 (the Message)

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Rejuvenation

It is when the over-stretched chaos of life finally subsides and I settle into a gentle busyness that occupies my mind just enough to feel productive and my hands just enough to feel useful, that I feel drawn into the arms of my Maker. As I putter in my garden and tidy random corners of my home, I feel like I step further and further into the interior castle of my soul, a place that the exuberant distractions of life has kept me from exploring in depth for far too long. As dear friends are drawn into my life in desperate need of life-giving prayer, and strangers pass by accompanied by whispers of the Spirit, I realize and revel in my true calling: to love the Creator's children and be loved by the Creator Himself. It is wonderful to know that when I, in my youth, was tired and weary, I could give my burdens to God and know that He would carry them. It is even more motivating to know that as I have trusted Him in the weariness, He has been faithful and I now begin to soar with eagles.

Isa 40:28-31 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

No comments: