If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.

-Matthew 10:39 (the Message)

Monday 26 November 2007

I am so high Maintenance

You'd think once someone affirms me and gives me direction that I would be able to take that and run with it. A week ago, my boss gave me some really strong feedback. He let me know that I am doing a great job. I am meeting if not exceeding all expectations for myself. AFter that, you would think I would be able to not worry about how I'm doing. A week after that feedback, I was in tears because I couldn't seem to get my job right. All my manager had to do to get me straightened out again this week was affirm those positive skill sets. After he did that, I was smoking on the phones again. The key is going to be how do I do what my manager did on my own? That will be my next exploration.

No comments: