If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.

-Matthew 10:39 (the Message)

Monday 2 June 2008

the Duldrums

So I get a little frustrated when I am dealing with PMS. The same issues come back month after month after month. I hate men, I am insecure about myself and I regret all of the relationships I have burned through in my life. I wish there was a way to short circuit the thinking patterns but even when I take Midol I still hurt both physically and emotionally. I used to think that my moods had the power to change the weather because as soon as that time of the month came, it would start raining, snowing, wind storms. Coincidence I'm sure. I think this one is made worse because Rich and I had to make a sacrifice last weekend. We wanted to go to the zoo because it was sooooo beautiful out and we were both really looking forward to it, but at the last minute, I asked him to check the budget to make sure we could afford it. Sure enough we couldn't. We both overspent badly enough that our leisure budget for the month was tapped. We also used some of our extra money to get ahead of some of the bills. We started setting money aside every week to help pay the rent at the end of the month. Between us getting 5 paychecks, my overtime and unbudgeted income, we made over $7000 last month and not a penny of it is left. That is a sad thing. We jsut want to get to the end of the month before we get to the end ofthe money. So far, not so much. Keep in mind, this is how I process when I am PMSing. Oneof these days someone will find a cure for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you hear of a cure before I do, let me in on the big secret...~j