If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.

-Matthew 10:39 (the Message)

Wednesday 12 September 2007

For my two best friends

You know, I really wish there was a way for me to tell people that I am not poking fingers at them. I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but I have two of the very best friends anyone could ask for. They are transparent, in that they let me see everything about them when they feel strong enough, and the are solid. They know what they believe. They only question it to strengthen their faith. They think about what they believe before agreeing with it and don't change what they think just because everyone else in the room thinks something different. They love. No qualifiers, no specific people, they just love. Never have I met people who could put aside stupid foibles to find the very precious gem at the core of any soul. They are my inspiration. They are the ones who help to keep me on the right path and I don't know where I would be without them.

No comments: